Alger V. Boswell Came to Tennessee State University In 1930 as a Mathematics Instructor and Served as Professor of Mathematics for 40 Years Until His Retirement From the University in 1970. He Served as Head of Arts and Sciences Department for Several Years and also the First Head of the Mathematics Department. From 1951-1965 He Served as Vice-President of the University and Was Named Vice President Emeritus in 1970. In 1980 the Physics and Mathematics Building Was Named in His Honor. He Was a Founding Member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. at Tennessee State University.
Mathematics; Teachers; College administrators; Fraternities & sororities; Universities & colleges;